Much love to Oscar the Pooch, who selected us as one of the recipients of the Stylish Blogger Award. Very cool! :)
The rules for accepting the award are to thank the person (or pups!) who gave you the award, share 7 things about yourself, link to 15 recently discovered bloggers, and contact them to tell them about the award.
7 things about me, LuLu and Wally:
1. I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 children, a daughter who is 16 and a son who is 10.
2. I have always considered myself a cat person. (I know! Can you believe it!?) Our family also consists of 2 cats – a 12 year old male tabby named “Sid” and a 6 year old male tabby named “Paws”. I now consider myself a crazy dog person, as well as a cat person. ;)
3. I volunteer with an organization called NEADS – Dogs for Deaf and Disabled Americans. I am just one of the many volunteers who help socialize and teach basic obedience to puppies between the ages of 8 and 14 weeks old so that they can go on to become service dogs.
4. Someday, I’d like to have a Rottweiler. All of the Rotties I’ve ever met have been big goofy babies. I have fallen head over heels in love with the breed. Unfortunately, my current house is too small for a dog of that size.
5. I work on an as-needed basis for a local doggy daycare / boarding facility. I love being able to interact with all the different types of dogs.
6. Wally has a shoe fetish. He doesn’t chew them, he just hoards them, and only when the humans are not home. When I come through the door, I can be sure to find him surrounded by a pile of shoes, all perfectly in order. I think he just likes to be surrounded by our scent while we’re gone.
7. Neither of my dogs have ever been boarded. We are going on a trip in July and will have to board them for 9 days. I am terrified to leave them in anyone else’s care. Even though I will be leaving them at the kennel I work at and know they will be well taken care of, the thought of them feeling abandoned, scared or confused makes me want to cry.
Some of these folks may have already received the award, but here are 15 blogs that are tops in my book! Check ‘em out! :)
- According to Gus
- Another Tequila Sunrise
- The Boston Lady
- Brutus the Frenchie (and Carmen, too!)
- BZ Training
- The Cat/Dog Log
- Chunyo’s Corner
- I Still Want More Puppies
- Joyful Paws
- Kirby the Dorkie
- Kitty + Coco
- Luna’s Learning Life
- My Favorite Pup Jasmine
- Peggy’s Pet Place
- 2 Little Bostons Bakery