Archive for May 31, 2012
Have you ever heard of a Himalayan Dog chew? They are hard, long-lasting chews made from cured yak’s milk and cow’s milk. Lu and Wally LOOOOVE them and I love that they don’t leave a mess or smell bad, like some bully sticks do!
The only problem we’ve run into is that we end up throwing away the nubs once they’ve gotten down to the point where they can’t chew them safely anymore…. But yesterday someone shared a neat trick to use up those last bits of the chew!
All you need to do is take the small piece of chew and put it in the microwave for up to a minute. It turns into a giant puff, which kind of reminds me of honeycomb candy. (Be careful, it will be VERY hot when you take it out of the microwave!)
Before (too small to chew)
After (big enough to split in half!)
Wally says “Yes please!”
Lu wants one too!