Yesterday was LuLu’s 3rd birthday! I can’t believe my little sugar-pop is already 3 years old! It seems like just yesterday that she was only 3 pounds!
To celebrate her birthday, I decided to make her some pupcakes.
I dunno what you’re making, Woman.. but I want some!
Here’s what they looked like before baking:
LuLu waiting (im)patiently
Where’s my pupcakes, Woman?!
And when they were done baking:
Here’s the recipe, so you can give them a try! They are yummy for humans, too. ;)
Lu’s Peanut Butter Coconut Birthday Pupcakes
makes 10 mini pupcakes
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 tsp coconut extract
- 10 mini dog biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a mini cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray (or use paper liners).
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, milk, egg and coconut extract. Mix until well blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin and top each pupcake with a biscuit.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until pupcakes are golden brown on top.
- Cool to room temperature before sharing with your favorite pooch!
I picked up two zucchini from the farmer’s market, so I decided to make a zucchini cake. This is a people recipe, but all ingredients are doggy-safe. My taste-testers gave it 4 enthusiastic paws up! Enjoy!
with Caramel Frosting
(adapted from Taste of Home)
- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- Yield: 18-24 Servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini (2 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini.
- Spray 9×13″ glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before frosting.
- For frosting, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost cake and enjoy!!
Lu is so delicate…
Wally likes to slurp his cake!
For Wally’s birthday, I made the dogs some “pupsicles”. I took strawberry-banana yogurt, put it in a small cup and stood a dog biscuit up in it, then froze it. The biscuit worked great as a handle, so the dogs were easily able to pick it up. :)
Yesterday, we got to go to the Farmer’s Market.
We got some boob-berries… They was pretty good.
And some toe-maters… They were tasty and juicy!
And the Woman made a boob-berry pie…
Fresh Blueberry Pie
(This recipe is from the Minute Tapioca box!)
4 cups blueberries (fresh, washed with stems removed)
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup minute tapioca (instant)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 box refrigerated pie crust (top and bottom)
1 tbsp butter
PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
Prepare the pie crust and place the bottom crust in a 9-inch pie pan.
Toss blueberries with sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and cinnamon until evenly coated.
Let stand 15 minutes.
Fill the pie pan with the berry mixture.
Dot top of pie with butter.
Cover top with second pie crust.
Seal and flute edge. Cut several slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly.
Cool to room temperature before slicing.
Serve with ice cream, whipping cream, etc.
I didn’t get to have any boob-berry pie.
The Woman says my boobs is big enuf already.